Implement an effective noxious weed management program for the protection of the open space, natural and agricultural resources of Gallatin County.
- The Weed District is directly responsible for noxious weed management on County properties including: 1,700 miles of County right-of-way, 8 gravel pits, 14 county parks, Fairgrounds, Road Department property, Three Forks Airport, Law and Justice/ Detention Center grounds, the Logan Landfill and the Bozeman Convenience Site.
- Assist county residents by providing information, material and technical assistance for effective noxious weed management. The District provides residents assistance through:
- Subdivision review/Weed Management Plan process.
- Open cut mining (i.e. gravel pits) noxious weed inspection/certification program.
- Educational program to raise awareness of noxious weeds through:
- Home Owners Associations
- Business/Realtor/Civic groups
- Enforcement and Compliance regarding noxious weed laws.
- Coordinate noxious weed management programs with State and Federal agencies.
- Mapping/surveying noxious weeds throughout the county.
- Continuing education of staff through professional associations.
Weed District Coordinator
Weed District Assistant Coordinator