The Gallatin County Weed District office is now open to the public. However, we still encourage our customers to contact us through email or phone whenever possible. You can email our office, or email a staff member directly by clicking on the 'Staff Contacts' link in the menu on the left. You can also reach us by phone at 406-582-3265; if we do not answer, please leave a voice message and we will return your call as soon as possible.
Please continue to submit documents (e.g. subdivision weed management plans, cost share applications) through email or mail if possible. Most of our forms can be downloaded by clicking on the links in the menu on the left. You can also find other useful resources, such as descriptions of our programs and weed management tips, by clicking the links in this menu. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
The Primary Goals of the Weed District:
- Effectively manage noxious weeds on county properties
- Assist county residents with noxious weed control
- Review noxious weed management plans for developments within the county
- Provide effective enforcement of the noxious weed law
- Participate in education and outreach with schools, homeowners associations, and other groups to raise awareness of noxious weeds
- Work with federal, state, and local partners to develop cooperative noxious weed management strategies
- Map and survey noxious weeds throughout the county
- Administer a noxious weed inspection and certification program for gravel pits within the county