The mission of the Finance Department is to provide financial services to the public of Gallatin County, the County Commission, and the Elected Officials, Department Heads and Employees of Gallatin County.
- To have a budget document that is clear, concise and easy to read by non-accountants.
- To educate elected officials and department heads on fiscal and financial activities.
- To be referred to as the best county in the state from a fiscal/financial perspective.
Prepare a mid-year budget review that incorporates:
- Financial Trends
- Financial Forecasts
- Operating Reserve Analysis and Recommendations
- Other information as becomes available
Other objectives include:
- Implement CIP committee.
- Improve communication between Finance Department and public.
- Develop Performance Measurement Budgeting based on Commission's desires with support and help from departments.
- Enhance Finance Department's ability to analyze budget requests, implement performance budgeting and maintain service levels.
- Develop Long Term Financial Plan (expansion of fiscal trend analysis).
|Justine Swanson||Finance Director|