County Planning Board
The next Planning Board Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday March 28th at 6:00pm
We are seeking new members to join the County Planning Board.
- No prior experience needed; however, members must be able to work well with others and possess a general interest in the growth of Gallatin County.
- In addition, members must reside and own land in the Planning Board jurisdictional area within Gallatin County (Part 2 District: Bozeman Donut, Four Corners, South Cottonwood Canyon,Middle Cottonwood,North Gallatin Canyon, Reese Creek, or unzoned land)
Click here for information on how to apply!
About: The Planning Board is a 7-member board that makes recommendations to the County Commission on a variety of land-use matters including, but not limited to: subdivision applications in "Part 2" zoning districts (created pursuant to MCA 76-2-201 et seq.) and un-zoned areas, applications to amend existing “Part 2” zoning regulations; establishment of new “Part 2” zoning districts; neighborhood plans; the County’s Growth Policy; the County’s Subdivision Regulations; and infrastructure planning, including wastewater and parks and trails.The Board's jurisdiction is all of Gallatin County outside of the jurisdictional areas of the existing city-county planning boards for Belgrade and Manhattan; outside the incorporated limits of Bozeman, Three Forks, and West Yellowstone; and outside of all the "Part 1" zoning districts (created pursuant to MCA 76-2-101 et seq.).
The Planning Board consists of the following members:
|Randy Visser, President||7/31/2024|
|Jeffrey Boyle, Vice-President||7/31/2023|
|John Schutter||Gallatin Conservation District-Open Term|
- How to Participate: The Planning Board meets the second and fourth Tuesdays of every month at 6:00pm (when there are items to be heard) in the Courthouse Community Room, 311 W. Main St., Bozeman, MT, or by means of electronic equipment.
- Sign up for email notices for upcoming agendas here.
- For information on commenting on agenda items click here.
- For Planning Board bylaws, click here.