Information - Services - Activities - Advocacy - Education
The assistance provided by this website is brought to you by the Gallatin County Council on Aging, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to “provide a range of services, including education, information, assistance and advocacy, which empower older individuals to meet their needs and live with independence and dignity. In particular, the Council will emphasize those activities which remove barriers which may limit the ability of older individuals to participate fully in their community.”
"Empowering older individuals to live with independence and dignity"
Note of Disclaimer (revised 2015)
The Gallatin County Council on Aging provides this directory of community services for your information.
We encourage anyone utilizing these services to do the following:
- Thoroughly investigate the background and references of agencies and private individuals.
- When you hire someone to provide care in your home, make sure they are a registered Independent Contractor with the State of Montana OR an employee of a Licensed Agency.
- Ask to see their paperwork. The person or agency should be qualified, certified, follow IRS rules, have Workers’s Compensation requirements, have liability insurance, and be bonded.
- Get written References. Ask other individuals about their service and experienced with the agency or individual.
- Be careful if they ask you to sign a contract:
- Read the contract, especially the fine print.
- ASK questions before signing.
- Make sure you thoroughly understand it before signing. If you have concerns, look for some else to provide care.