REPLACEMENT TITLE: How do I obtain a replacement title if the original has been lost?

To obtain a replacement title for any motor vehicle, including boats and trailers, please complete the Application for Replacement Certificate of Title (Form MV7). You can type your information into this form and then print it, or print it to complete manually. 

Mail the completed form and a $10.30 check or money order to: 

Montana Vehicle Services Bureau P.O. Box 201431Helena, MT  59620-1431 

Replacement titles can take up to four weeks to be processed and mailed to you.