Can I appeal my civil case if I lose?

Yes, to appeal your case you must file a Notice of Appeal with the Clerk of Magistrate Court within 30 days of the entry of judgment by the Court. You must send a copy of the appeal to the other party. If your case is appealed, it will be transferred to the State Court of Gallatin County. he case will be assigned a new case number and will be scheduled for a jury trial.  You will receive notice from the State Court as to when your trial will be held.

The source of this information may be internal or external to the Gallatin County Justice Court. The Gallatin County Justice Court makes all reasonable efforts to verify this information. However, the information provided in this document is for your information only. The Gallatin County Justice Court makes no explicit or implied claims to the validity of this information.