When should I call the non-emergency number?

If you are reporting incidents that are not in progress or happened several hours ago.  
The non-emergency numbers are:
  • (406) 582-2000 for Bozeman Police Department
  • (406) 582-2100 for the Gallatin County Sheriff's Office
If the Police or Sheriff’s Office determine an officer is needed, they will transfer you to the 911 Center on a non-emergency line.