Gallatin County, Montana
Titling FAQ's
What is titled in Montana?
  • Automobiles and light trucks (one ton or less)
  • Trailers (utility and camper)   
  • Slide-in truck campers (1991 and newer) 
  • Vessels (motorized and sailboats)       
  • ATVs and motorcycles    
  • Snowmobiles     
  • Motorhomes      
  • Large trucks (larger than one ton)      
  • Mobile homes    

For general information:
For specific information concerning titling:
  • Please call (406) 582-3080, E-mail, fax (406) 582-3082 or mail Gallatin County Motor Vehicle Office; 311 W. Main St., Room 104, Bozeman, MT 59715.
Who needs to title in Montana?
  • Montana residents