Gallatin County has a local State of Montana - Department of Revenue Office. The following is a list of what the local office provides:
1. Value all property in Gallatin County
a. Real Property
- Ag, Residential, Commercial Land
- All improvements (residential, commercial mobile home)
- New construction, additions, remodels, out buildings, etc.
b. Personal Property
- Business Equipment
- Farm Equipment, etc.
2. Ownership Database
- Gallatin currently processes over 100 ownership transfers a week in our Orion system.
3. Create new ownership records
- "Splitting" of land parcels
- Create and maintain legal descriptions
4. Maintain permit database
- Land Use
5. Tax assistance applications
- Property Tax Assistance
- Extended Property Tax Assistance
- 100% Montana Disabled Veteran
- Natural Disasters
6. Certify the taxable value
- Gallatin County has more taxing jurisdictions than any other County in the State
7. Property Tax Appeals
- Please contact our office to discuss questions about your property value, tax appeal process, etc.
8. Download all property values, legal descriptions, and ownership database information to the Gallatin County Treasurer for tax billing.
Please contact below on any of the above information:
State of Montana Department of Revenue -
2273 Boothill Ct., Suite 100
Bozeman, MT 59715
Phone: (406) 582-3400