Skip Navigation
State of Montana Website
Welcome to Gallatin County
Gallatin County Home
Big Sky
Four Corners
Gallatin Gateway
Three Forks
This table is used for column layout.

Job Openings

Purchasing a Road Sign
The Gallatin County Road Department sells the following signs for use on non-County maintained public roads:

Name sign - 9"          
Sign brackets - 9"
Stop signs 30"
Stop signs 36"
Speed limit signs 24x30
Regulatory signs (i.e. Dead End)

All signage must comply with the standards set by the Federal government and the State of Montana as detailed in the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD), as well as the current policies and procedures of the Gallatin County Road and Bridge Department.  
Current prices are for signs that meet minimum MUTCD requirements, including high intensity sheeting and minimum size. Prices are subject to change at any time.  Other signs are available, please contact the Road Office at 406-582-3250 for price and availability.  
Names signs are a standard sign - green background, double sided with white lettering. Unless otherwise specified signs will be an "extruded" blade (which is thicker at the top and the bottom) to increase the stability of the sign. We can and will order "flat-blade" signs.
Regulatory signs, including speed limit signs and stop signs, are generally available at any time. However, name and other custom signs must be ordered. If you need more than two of the same regulatory sign they must be ordered in advance. Budget restrictions have limited the number of signs in standard inventory and the County Road Department cannot deplete our inventory of these type of signs. Payment is required at the time of any order.  
To order a name sign, you may either come into the Road Office at 205 Baxter Lane West, or you may mail in a letter with payment requesting the name sign. Please include contact information so we may call or e-mail you when the sign is available. Signs typically take 4 to 8 weeks to arrive and must be picked up from the Road Office.
Speed limit signs will be sold only if an ordinance has been passed lowering the speed limit from the state default of 70 mph and will only be sold for the actual speed limit adopted by the County Commission. For more information on speed limits, visit How to Set a Speed Limit on a Public Road in Gallatin County or call the Road Office.
Wooden 4" x 4" posts are recommended and they are available at any local lumberyard.
Please contact the Road Office at 582-3250 if you have any questions or special sign requests.

      Web Services Provided By:
Gallatin County, Montana
311 West Main Street
Bozeman, MT 59715